Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Kamers Vol Geskenke 2012: Fabric.



For the final post about my experience at Kamers VolGeskenke, I thought I’d do a fabric themed post. This is because I noticed this year, there appeared to be many more fabric vendors, selling rolls of fabric, or stalls that utilized fabric in many of their designs (pillows, bags, clothing, etc.). You can find my previous posts on Kamers here, here, and here.

LOVE this doxie bag!

Square pillow cases in wonderful patterns.

Amazing color work on this quilt!
Quilted Color!


Cute little bags.
Natural colors are so pretty.





















Lovely prints.
Love the Kudu print bag.


























Love the clock bags.









Sweet.



























It was only since coming to South Africa that I really began to appreciate small, hand crafted fabric designers. I wish they were a little cheaper- I understand that small businesses can't always be the cheapest, but I know they have quality craftsmanship on their side.

What's your favorite print?


 
Song of the Post: Save Me by Elvis Blue. He won Season 6 of the Idols (South Africa) television show. He’s got a bright future ahead for himself.




2 comments:

Deidre said...

I love the natural toned patterns! So pretty.

A Life Un-Styled said...

I love the lovely prints ones. There's something about a singular print on a plain background that always catches my eye :)