Monday, January 2, 2012

Spending time in my Hometown.


I’ve given myself an almost two week break, due in part to the holidays and also due to my computer screen conking out. I’m currently using the husband’s computer until we can fix it in SA. Most of the computer stores here in the USA would not finish the repair in time for us to get it back before our trip. Not because it is a big problem to fix, just that they have backlog that will take 15-25 days before they could work on my computer. 

Le sigh.


Crossing the state border, there was a van stuck in snow.

This tractor trailer was jackknifed in the median between the two lanes of traffic!

During the last two weeks, we drove from Colorado to Arizona to visit family. We luckily traveled between two major snow storms and made it safely to our destination. The two pictures above demonstrate what  could have happened to us!


Crossing into Arizona.



I miss seeing clouds like this....

I’ve had a wonderful time visiting with family and going out to lunch with my friends. Our time has not totally been ours, but we have made the best of it. We’ve bought many things that were on our list of “needs” to bring back, and have just a few more things get. We’ve eaten at only half the places we’ve wanted to, so we might eat out  few more times before we leave. There are a few more people we want to see, and I hope we get to squeeze some time in with them.


A train we passed on the highway.


There have been changes to some of the neighborhoods and buildings here.  For the most part, the changes seem so extreme- mostly because they seem to appear overnight (from our perspective), while people who live here have had months to see the new structures slowly being built.  For example, the empty lot that used to be the YMCA where I took swimming lessons, now has two big apartment buildings being built. I think they’re ugly, but maybe if I had driven by them every day as they developed, I’d have a more positive impression about them. 
Maybe not.


I never realized how much a city can change in less than a year.

Makes me a little sad.

But I guess life goes on!




Like my little Christmas tree? It sat on a table to look tall!



Song of the Post: Crack the Shutters by Snow Patrol, as seen on the Late Show with David Letterman.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics! Happy 2012 :)

A Life Un-Styled said...

Happy New Year Lovely Light!

It must be amazing to be back home and traveling and exploring. I can't wait to hear about your adventures.

I hope 2012 has amazing things in store for you!

Li said...

Funny, I never think of places like Arizona getting snow! Hope you had a great holiday.

A Life Un-Styled said...

PS I just tagged you in this post, I hope you can play along :) http://vanishaslife.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-all-about-me-11-things.html