Sunday, November 13, 2011

Highs and Lows for the Week of 07/11/11.


Highs:
  •  We felt very rested after our overnight stay at the beach at a friend’s house. Lovely. Saw penguins, dassies, and a seal sunning itself on a rock.
The view towards Muizenberg.

  • Created several beaded cabochon necklaces using stones I painstakingly sifted through at Scratch Patch.
The hubby enjoying his morning tea and the view.
  • I had a telephone interview for a small job in the next few months, helping coordinate a 3-day program in January or February. I’m pretty sure I got it, but don’t know when I start.
  • Verifying that I will get a discount on tuition for my PhD.
Some of the beach houses.
A curious dassie. Love the 'stash.
  • Going for a hike on Saturday and loving the open air, pine trees, and ocean views. It ended too quickly!

Dassie poop, if you were interested...
Lows:
  • Trying to figure out who to talk with to get started on my PhD. Apparently they call it the “new student shuffle.”
Majestic seal.
  • I’m missing some of my favorite American foods. I have not found many of the traditional holiday pre-made foods here, and I’m trying to figure out what to make for Thanksgiving. I might have to make a chicken, my own pumpkin pie from fresh pumpkin (here is a great tutorial for making your own pumpkin puree), and homemade stuffing. A big undertaking for a wannabe cook like me!

And me....


Pretty good week if I do say so! I hope yours was as good!

I'll be linking up here for my High's and Lows.



Song of the Post: Wrong for You by Loyiso, a South African music artist! I kept hearing this song on the radio and I thought it was an American singer; I was so surprised and happy to hear he was South African. I really hope that I get to see him in concert!



4 comments:

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

That sounds like the perfect way to spend the weekend! What will you be doing your PhD on? That's pretty exciting stuff.And the photos you've posted make me want to visit even more. Have a great week :)

Annemarie's Haakblog said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog and for following me. I'm your newest follower! Love the blog post about the Kamers vol Geskenke. If I ever go to South Africa I have to visit it.
Best wishes from Holland,
Annemarie

Jennifer said...

Such beautiful photographs! Thanks for sharing them!

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Sounds like a life with much more good than bad :) I understand the new student shuffle--I've been looking into getting my PhD when my kids are in school, and even applying and seeing if I would qualify is super overwhelming. Way to go on following your dream!

Thanks for sharing these with us at Rub Some Dirt On It!