Monday, June 27, 2011

Highs and Lows for the Week of 19/6/11

You see these double-decker busses around; Lion's Head in back.
Highs:
  • I felt very in love with my husband this week.
  • We found our new place last week and signed the lease this week. I finally have my name on the lease, which is important because you often need your lease to sign up for things, like library cards.
  • I made two projects- Men’s short fingerless gloves and a crochet hat!
  • We used our fire place several times this week.
  • We watched a lot of Fringe on DVD. It keeps sucking me in!
  • My hubby had extra time this week to go with me to the gym several days this week.
I love seeing Lion's head peeking through gigantic buildings.


 Lows:

Toys R Us near the stadium.
  • The lease we signed is for a very small cottage (basically a little guest house). The kitchen is so small. I will post pictures of it soon.
  • It turned very cold and rainy this week (but Sunday was glorious!)
  • The power went out on Wednesday and was off for several hours.
  • Going to the bank three times in one day because the tellers have no customer service skills and kept telling the wrong information.
  • The firewood we bought did not light and my husband spent hours on his hands and knees blowing on the flames to keep them going.
  • We had to give the dogs baths because Reeses somehow had poo on her BACK and Etta laid in the fireplace ashes.







Art stalls near the world cup stadium.

How was your week? 


I'm linking up with Life, Crafts, and Whatever for this week in review. 



P.S.- My hubby's blog is here.
P.P.S.- Blogger hates me right now. So if the spacing on this post looks weird, it's not my fault!




Song of the post: It Never Rains in Southern California by Albert Hammond


4 comments:

Life, Crafts and Whatever said...

Yay for signing a lease! Stinks that your new place is so small, but it's all in what you make of it, right? Our kitchen a pretty big, but it makes it intimidating. Makes me feel like I need to be the next Julia Childs in there. Feeling in love all over again is always a wonderful thing! I love those gloves too! I've tried to learn to crochet/knit, but it's hopeless. I just have my mom do my yarn stuff, she's so much better at it than I am!

Thanks for linking up again!

Gina said...

Hate when the dogs roll in stuff :(

Julie said...

Love feeling in love... not that I don't with my hubby all the time, but there are those moments where you just look at them and think... what would I do without you! Hopefully you can use specific furniture pieces to widen up the living spaces to make it look bigger. Have a great week!

Peggy said...

So...I guess it's winter where you live now. Sorry for sounding so dumb. I look forward to seeing photos of your new place. Building memories! BTW I too am having trouble with blogger! Glad it's not just me. Ha ha